Friday, January 21, 2011

"Get Em Up" Actrite




I'm wildin' out this week. This is one of the illest songs that almost no one has heard. It’s on a super underground mixtape that I ran across a while back. This cat has a delivery that makes every line tie together so that it’s not just scattered thoughts being put together, it’s a conversation. He probably sat down and wrote this and knew what he wanted. It’s classic Hip Hop without the watered down hooks and lyrics. I think the cat’s name is Act Rite.

“Get your hands up sky high, like a liquor store robbery,
I’m retarded, bad with the flow, curled up and slobbery,
Decrepit in this b----, you know fu---- up in the frontal lobe, and I’m in frontin’ mode, keep flows tucked and stowed away, from spineless, snake-in-the-grass a—hole bastards like yourself, break in your room and steal the weed of your shelf,
Just to piss you off, now have a f------ up day, I don’t give a s--- what you got to say, I’m like furious an your Trey, ‘Put the mic down son’, and stay away from Dough Boy,
He got that s--- to make Cam’Ron and Jus Blaze say Oh Boy, You don’t wanna go boy,
I’ll shoot your dog wit B.B. guns and point it at your boy, see he runs, he aint that hard-
He B---- like that B---- but he only got two legs, I go to parties with white boys cause they keep them two kegs, for 22 personas and I quit f------ wit coronas, they kinda like chicks who only show tits in swimming pools and saunas,
I just want little something more fulfilling,
I’m a outfielder with no glove, I don’t catch feelings
And I aint Superman either b---- I don’t catch buildings,
Don’t dance either like Lionel Rich on ceilings,
Certain dealings and mishaps keep me leery of jibber dudes,
Niccas got 13 songs and 15 interludes, while I’m making bigger moves than Tsunami’s in Asia,
Wash out whack dudes like Tsunami’s in Asia,
I don’t think you heard me dog I’m tragic like Tsunami’s in Asia, For as many times as I said it I should have got paid son,
but NOPE, certain things that I do make me raise the,
Topic of devastation,
Cause that’s the only way to explain the,
Total lack of respect and disregard of your being,
I don’t give a f--- about you and that’s what you’re not seeing,
You’re far from original and definitely not g’ing,
We can ask your girl, your moms, your pops, and they will all be agreeing,
That you should quit early before I take drastic measures,
Mess up your life just for pleasure, I’m in to harmful endeavors,
I’m Off The Wall like Mike Jack, Jack Me like Janet Dammit,
Ain’t no button to push, no one knows of your panic,
Get ‘Em Up! -Actrite “Get ‘Em Up”

2 comments:

  1. His lyrics so raw...and he sound like Andre 3000 a little bit...but the lyrics right. Good find.

    ReplyDelete

2Pac "Souljah's Story"