Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Imjussayin

Imjussayin

A quick thought for the moment. Do you remember when people were hungry, you know starving? When everything wasn't so effortless? Every beat didn't take "about 5 minutes" to make and people did write rhymes. A time when you could hear in someone's voice that they meant what they said and it wasn't just cool to say, or people had their own style and it wasn't cool to completely sound like the next one because "that's the way the industry is movin' now"? What about when edgy was cool and it was alright to just spit and spit hard; not tough guy hard but be a beast without a dozen pauses in the rhyme like "Ah, Yeah, and other time wasting tactics. (See 6 ft. 7 by Wayne to see how to thoroughly GO IN). What about when cat's held the microphone like it meant something. You know, get in a stance like it was all out warfare instead of wobbling back and forth, and bouncing on one foot like a toddler about to piss on themselves. I quit downing people for what they do to make it in life; however, these are a few things that I'm tired of now. Right now is just a boring time in Hip Hop and it gives me too much of an opportunity to notice some of the ridiculous antics that go on. If this offends anyone I don't necessarily apologize, but it is a wake up call that I'm not the only one who feels this way so do something fly to prove us wrong. PEACE
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

To leave a comment, click on the "Comments" tab and sign up for one of the email services or post anonymously.

4 comments:

  1. Im not sure you're looking for in rappers. Things are not going to be what they were before. Why so angry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. money makes sense watever swag is thats what sells now style should check tabi booney nice wit his but slept on

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I'm looking for is some integrity. Let's be real, I know there is something that you've heard and been like, he sounds like so and so or that's soft. Or maybe you just like soft isht and that's cool, I'm not knocking that but I like real rhymes and alot of rappers are riding the gimmick wave right now and I'm not feeling it. That's me. I'm not saying how to do it, I'm asking WHY do it. A cat said in a song "I'm tired of niggas cakin' and you think that I'm hatin', You're right, I hate that isht I turn the station when it's playin'".

    ReplyDelete
  4. smack me and ill smack u back

    ReplyDelete

2Pac "Souljah's Story"