Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Many Styles Of Jaii

I know that's it's been a few weeks since I've updated the blog, but it's been for good and necessary reasons. Between doing stuff to pay some bills and getting a chance to work on some of my other passions, there's not been much time left over.

This weekend, I did find the time to make it over to the Grammercy section Manhattan for the video premiere of an up and coming slash experienced artist by the name of Jaii Stylez. Up and coming as he is not major, but experienced as he has worked plenty in the industry including providing background vocals for Chrisette Michele who gave the inspiration for his name.

I've seen him perform before, and was sent the information for the premiere, so I went cause I like what he's got going. He's got plenty of soul without limiting himself to being stuck in one genre. The EP of his that I have has him on his self-produced works as well as mixtape style tracks with him over other RnB songs. I've got a feeling it's a matter of time before he get's some serious attention as well as his management, Lucienne Management who selected the intimate Polar Lounge for the venue.

His first video "Everybody wants to be a star" directed by Tony Clomax is not only a good lead single but an excellent video in my opinion. Of course I've got the link for you but this is a cat to keep an eye out for in the future.

As always, TELL SOMEBODY and follow me on Twitter @TheMarcusObrien or friend me at www.Facebook/Marcus.Obrien2

No comments:

Post a Comment

2Pac "Souljah's Story"